Saturday, August 6, 2011

Couponing in Texas!

Well we are finally getting settled in up here/over here. Couponing will be a little different here. It looks like we will have to hit several stores each week instead of just Publix like in Florida. But here is a taste of what can be done.
We got $6 boxes of cereal for $1.55 each
20 boxes of Hamburger Helper for 38 cents each
3 cans of Seattles Best Coffee for Free
And 1 Bottle of Chocolate Milk for free.

This was done at CVS (Coffee) and everything else was done at Brookshires.

The cereal was on sale for $2.50. IF you buy 6 boxes you get $3 off making it $2 ea. I then printed a coupon for $1/3 (twice) which made it $10 for 6 boxes. Then I had a coupon from the newspaper that said said $2 on milk when you buy 5 boxes of cereal. So the Chocolate milk was only $1.29 making it .71 cents overage. So I got the cereal $9.30 for 6 boxes.

Here at the Missions Training School I am buying a bunch extra of things so that all of the families can partake of the great deals. So don't worry--I don't plan to eat 20 boxes of HH by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment